What We Do
SUPPORTING NEW GENERATION BIOFUEL
JATROPOWER is committed to ecologically, socially and economically sustainable production of biofuels
- JATROPOWER is a leading developer of Jatropha curcas, an oil seed plant with potential for production of sustainable fuels on degraded soils in an economically viable way.
- JATROPOWER’s central area of activity is research and development for
- Increasing yield of jatropha seeds through conventional selection and breeding.
- Developing non-toxic, edible jatropha into a profitable, multi-purpose crop.
- Developing best practices and models for efficient jatropha cultivation.
- Developing scalable, robust and cost-effective processing technologies for jatropha seeds, especially non-toxic jatropha seeds.
- In order to increase the value of the jatropha crop to farmers, JATROPOWER has introduced the first commercial non-toxic, edible jatropha varieties (called Xuta in Mexico) Non-toxic jatropha into the market in 2016.
- The company’s present jatropha seed portfolio includes three elite conventional cultivars, two F1 Hybrid seeds and one elite non-toxic jatropha cultivar.
JATROPOWER Unique Selling Points
- Only company selling jatropha seeds in commercial quantities presently.
- Most competitive pricing for highest quality products and services
- Personnel involved with longest experience in jatropha research
- Partnership with reputable international research institutions
What we offer
- Elite, non-toxic, edible Jatropha curcas seeds
- Jatropha curcas F1 Hybrid seeds
- Elite line cultivar seeds of conventional Jatropha curcas
- Technical consultancy on all aspects of jatropha cultivation
- Technical support with small scale processing of jatropha seeds; deshelling, oil extraction from jatropha kernels, shell pelleting