Non-Edible High Performance Jatropha
- As part of the High Performance breeding programme, this seed produces a 4 – 6 times higher yield compared to wild Jatropha crops.
- In contrast to Edible High Performance Jatropha, the Non-Edible version is also available without being included in the franchise programme.
- This makes this seed suitable for government reclamation programmes, for example, in which a large number of plantation operators are involved.
- Non-Edible High Performance Jatropha thrives on degraded soils.
- By using previously unproductive soils, the sequestration performance of corresponding plantations can be certified and thus traded as part of the value added.
- Non-Edible High Performance Jatropha is thus (alongside Edible High Performance Jatropha) the basis for the only form of CO2 removal from the atmosphere that is currently profitable.