Remote site evaluation tool
Jatropower offers its clients a proprietary Google Earth based tool to make a preliminary remote assessment of the suitability of a site for Jatropha cultivation.
- The Tool requires only the geo-coordinates of the proposed site and uses criteria such as annual rainfall, its seasonality and temperature range experienced.
- The tool uses 5 criteria in total to classify the suitability of a site into:
- Poor (Dark brown coloured area)
- Fair (yellow)
- Good (light green)
- Optimal (green)
- The tool helps potential jatropha planters to have a pre-assessment of suitability of their proposed sites
- The picture on the left shows the suitability of areas in Africa for Jatropha based on annual rainfall only.